Question Unable to make or receive calls

Feb 4, 2024
Visit site
Hello -
Since making a carrier switch this week, I have been unable to make or receive calls. Can anyone help me? I have done all the troubleshooting steps suggested by the new carrier, along with everything I could find here, and YouTube, and Google (such as restarting, reinserting SIM, resetting network, updating APN, turning on/off Bluetooth and airplane mode, etc., but all to no avail. Here are additional details that may be useful.
The device is an LG G8 ThinQ. Data works fine; no problem sending/receiving texts or using apps or Internet. Plenty of bars.
When I try to call out, nothing happens. The screen says calling, but it never rings.
If I try calling my number from another phone, it goes directly to voice-mail.
I tried the new SIM card in another phone and was able to make calls with no problem.
I tried putting the other phone's SIM card in my phone and still could not make or receive calls.
This leads me to the conclusion that it is a phone issue, not a carrier issue. Am I on the right track?
I had my previous carrier unlock my phone. They provided a code which I entered into the phone. I also followed up with them and they assured me it was unlocked.
Does anyone have any ideas of what else to try? I really appreciate any help you can provide. The carrier phone reps have attempted to be helpful but not accomplished much.
Thank you in advance.

llopatin1

Mar 31, 2024
Visit site
Hello -
Since making a carrier switch this week, I have been unable to make or receive calls. Can anyone help me? I have done all the troubleshooting steps suggested by the new carrier, along with everything I could find here, and YouTube, and Google (such as restarting, reinserting SIM, resetting network, updating APN, turning on/off Bluetooth and airplane mode, etc., but all to no avail. Here are additional details that may be useful.
The device is an LG G8 ThinQ. Data works fine; no problem sending/receiving texts or using apps or Internet. Plenty of bars.
When I try to call out, nothing happens. The screen says calling, but it never rings.
If I try calling my number from another phone, it goes directly to voice-mail.
I tried the new SIM card in another phone and was able to make calls with no problem.
I tried putting the other phone's SIM card in my phone and still could not make or receive calls.
This leads me to the conclusion that it is a phone issue, not a carrier issue. Am I on the right track?
I had my previous carrier unlock my phone. They provided a code which I entered into the phone. I also followed up with them and they assured me it was unlocked.
Does anyone have any ideas of what else to try? I really appreciate any help you can provide. The carrier phone reps have attempted to be helpful but not accomplished much.
Thank you in advance.
I have an LG Stylo 5, and a few weeks ago, I suddenly couldn't make or receive calls or texts. I've spent hours and hours on chats. Once in a while, I could get a voice call through to my carrier, Xfinity, customer service. No one has been able to get things working right. New SIM card -- no dice. Network reset, restart -- useless. Etc., etc.. At one point, I stopped in to a Cricket Wireless store, just thinking ove options. The fellow working there had a theory. LG or Comcast/Xfinity has quietly discontinues this model -- sort of forced obsolescence. Back at home, I kept trying to grt the thing to work. I gave up, and in desperation did a factory reset. Ouch! I did backup the content. That's a story for a different post. Well, I gave up, and ordered a new phone. We'll see. I hope you find a solution. The feeling of helplessness can be a real pain, huh?
Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000