Why am I receiving longer text in gibberish from iphones to my Samsung S6

A

AC Question

The past two weeks my friends who have iphones when they send a longer text I get it in what looks like chinese. I did google translate and it says it is gibberish, not Chinese. It is only coming from iphones on AT&T. Very frustrating as they are having to screenshot and send me what they said in a pic text. Also I am NOT using a messaging app, I am using the original SMS on the phone.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
You're definitely not the first. Its always been an Android & iPhone problem in the stock apps. Even messages in general but still unable To see anything. Incoming/outgoing. Super annoying. I had this happen & i ended up getting a 3rd party app for my messages to get sent to the iPhone owner & it fixed the problem on both sides. You would think both Corporate's would some how fix the problem between the two but this issue has been glitch for yrs.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Tell each of them to mark at least the first message to you as SMS. That's probably been done, but if not, it may help. (And it could be an Apple problem, since you're far from the first person this week who's had the problem.)

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue the past few weeks. Long, sometimes shorter sms messages show up as a large block of chinese looking characters. It does not always happen. Sometimes things work fine and then problems.

I use Go SMS Pro. I uninstalled it and tried the stock message app and same problem.

Not sure what to do. Big problem since just about everyone has iPhones that I text. I have a Note Edge on ATT.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89