Auto punctuate and auto capitalize not working?

A

AC Question

In my Android email app on my S7, it no longer puts a period automatically at the end of a sentence when hitting double space. Also it doens't auto capitalize the first word of a sentence. This used to work. The keyboard settings are set up properly.

Betterdays469

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
My galaxy s7 edge is doing the exact same thing in emails only, text messaging is fine. Even typing here is fine. Also if I try and edit a word it will keep putting letters at the beginning of that word. Very weird, and annoying. It's not just the stock email app though, I also tried the Yahoo mail app and it won't auto punctuate or capitalize either. This has been going on for a few weeks on my phone. I've tried deleting the Samsung keyboard cache and restarting phone, nothing works. Hopefully someone can figure this out!

Suebarnes

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy 7 just started doing the same thing It won't add the period and capitalize the next word I tried just typing the period but then it didn't automatically capitalize the first word of the new sentence I tried resetting in the menu to activate that feature but didn't work . Any solutions?

Jethrosteel

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I talked to Samsung tech support. He said I was the first person he heard anything about this from. I have a Note 4 and an S7. Auto punctuate works fine on every application EXCEPT Exchange on both phones. Here's the Samsung tech number so everyone can call to let them know they have a problem that's bothering their customers (besides the Note 7 fiascal). (800) 726-7864

CyberialMan

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Same with me. Samsung Galaxy J2. Started approx 3-5wk ago. One day it was working fine. Next day it started behaving wrong. Only in Samsung default email app. For me I'll type a word and it does the autospace successfully. But then when I type a punctuation mark (,!?.) it doesn't remove the auto space. Then it doesn't capitalise the next word if I typed a period. Slows me down heaps. Anyone know whether getting a new email app will help.

thenotoriousrob7

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here on an S7. Not only is it the standard email app, it's also the yahoo app. I'm having to reset this every other day now, not sure why. Go to settings, applications, app manager, then android system webview and hit 'uninstall updates' from the drop menu top right.
VERY annoying. This has me thinking about Apple... I know, gasp.:mad:

landshark66

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Just had a system update (Verizon) and teh auto punctuate quit working. Spoke with Verizon who transferred me to Google who transferred me to Samsung. No help from anyone. They don't want to believe that it is an update problem and wanted me to do a master reset on my phone (which I refused). Ugh! Maybe they will do an update to the update.

tfeddern

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
This is happening to me, too. Google Maps is also not navigating today; it's only showing previeq mode. What's up, Google Android?

In my Android email app on my S7, it no longer puts a period automatically at the end of a sentence when hitting double space. Also it doens't auto capitalize the first word of a sentence. This used to work. The keyboard settings are set up properly.

rdsanc

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Re: Auto punctuate and auto capitalize not working? SOLUTION

Check the settings on your Samsung Keyboard under settings/general management/language and input/virtual keyboard. Since the upgrade all my settings for capitalization, punctuation etc. were turned off. You just need to turn them back on