unfortunately google play services has stopped pop up message?

A

AC Question

A few months ago I dropped my HTC 626. Only a small crack appeared and did not seem problematic so I ignored it, but I believe that the phone screen had already been replaced. However, in the last few days an exclamation mark has been appearing on the battery causing the phone to power down, which may be related to the damage as it seems to go away if i carefully tweak the bottom of the phone.

Today it entered a manic loop of restarting and powering down and when it finally came back on a lot of information seemed lost. My contacts and some sound preference settings etc. had gone and i got a lot of requests for permission and sign in from apps. Then the 'unfortunately google play services has stopped' notification began popping up recurrently.
I have cleared the cache for the app, stopped gmail auto sync and deleted my school gmail account from my phone ( I thought it was interfering with my account sign in).
I'm not really sure what is going on or how to fix it, but I would also like my contacts back. Anyone have any advice?

OtisTheCat

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks,
I checked my SIM but due to changing it not long ago, I never saved my contacts back to the card. But, you did remind they are usually saved in my Hotmail exchange active sync account although I am not sure why they haven't imported. That account seems to have stopped too.

OtisTheCat

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Got the phone in February this year but got damaged quickly. I don't think installed anything although it was pressing me for a HTC sense update not long ago, which might have installed as I can't see the notification for it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89