In 'laymen's' terms, Where's my Clipboard at?!

A

AC Question

Can someone please help me, by answeing my question, which is :- "Where do I find/ locate the 'Clipboard', on my Android Phone? Thanks : )

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In lay terms, it's not. There's a small area of internal memory (not storage - the two, while physically the same "stuff" in a phone, are different places) reserved to hold things you copy or cut. When you Copy or Cut something else (except in Samsungs), the old thing that was there disappears.

To "get it back", you have only one option - Paste it somewhere. If it's a file, you can be in a file manager and paste the file to another folder, if it's text you can paste it to a text box (in either case, by long-pressing - you'll get a "Paste" toast.)

Samsung has reserved a larger area, accessed by an app you can't actually get to, but you can see the things in the "clipboard" [it's not, it's a separate area of memory] and choose which one you want to paste. If you want the same utility in other phones, use Clipper - Clipboard Manager. It's not actually managing the clipboard - as with Samsung, it has its own area of memory in which it holds things you Copy or Cut - but you can see all of them and choose which one to Paste.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95