Unknown Sources Turns Itself On

A

AC Question

Three times in the last three days, I have gotten a notification from my anti virus software that Unknown Sources is turned on. I switch it off and several hours later, I find that it has turned itself back on. Anyone run into this?

dd72k

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happens to me on my new Blu Neo Energy Mini w/ Android 5.1. I get the warnings from Webroot, and go turn it off again. I scanned with Webroot, AVG, and Bitdefender Anitvirus free, and none of them found an issue.

myspirit

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. Ditto. Started happening the day I got upgraded to Nougat 7.0 last week. My Webroot lets me know about every 10 minutes that the setting is turned off again.. HATE... What the heck?? A poster below suggests trying Safe Mode... I'll figure out how too to do that and then will give it the old Wait and see.

myspirit

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
OK, in Safe Mode it does not happen. Which I guess leads me to believe that it's an installed app which is trying to do this. I've scoured each apps permission, but don't see any which would cause this. Honestly, I don't know which 'permission' would cover this.. which permission grant allows "Allow Unknown Sources" ?

myspirit

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
OK, in Safe Mode it does not happen. Which I guess leads me to believe that it's an installed app which is trying to do this. I've scoured each apps permission, but don't see any which would cause this. Honestly, I don't know which 'permission' would cover this.. which permission grant allows "Allow Unknown Sources" ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699