Spyware Expert Needed

A

AC Question

Hello everyone. I'm searching for someone who can help me find out how my Ex has been spying on me. He says I'm crazy but here are a few examples of why I believe I'm Not:
1) my camera would come on randomly at least 5-6 times a day
2) he made comments like, "you look beautiful today" while out of state.
3) when either of us got a new phone, he would mess with my settings and lay them on top of each other.
4) he mentioned things I had in a phone conversation that I had not discussed with him
5) he told me he was recording our conversations & saving them to his Google drive.

I have a new phone now and keep the battery out of the old one. He was FURIOUS when I bought a new phone! He is out of state and can't touch it!!!

One cellphone forensic company wanted $500+ to look at it. I can't afford that. There must be another way!!

Any ideas??

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Based on what you have written, he has probably installed "spyware" on your old phone, especially #3 in your list.
Now that you have a new phone, do you really care about the details of how/what was done to the old phone?
Use a lock code on the security screen and do not tell anyone what it is.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There is another way - since he's your ex, and you have a phone he can't get to, he's done. Change your online passwords - all of them. (If you don't already have one, get a password safe, so you can use military-strength passwords, but only have to remember one password. I use Keepass2Android Password Safe (because there's also a version for Windows, so everything uses the same data file on Google Drive and everything is always in sync), but there are others. Use a 20 character password for every site, including (where it's allowed) upper and lower case, numbers, punctuation and special characters. Use a fairly simple password as the one you use to open the password safe.

If you also keep the phone screen locked, as Joe suggested, you should be safe.

(Make sure you change your Google password, because having that one can get your ex into everything.)

AmyG66

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
More to the story - Even though my husband & I are no longer together, we are technically still married and the laws on what is legal or not regarding "monitoring" your spouse isn't always clear. I am searching for a way to Prove what has been done. I need to be able to take something to court.

· He would track my movements by Skylink in the car.
· While living out of state for over 4 months, he asked me to change the batteries in the digital indoor/outdoor thermometer (which I later found out could be used to remotely watch the room it's mounted in). One sensor was located on the outside of the house facing the driveway and the indoor sensor was in the living room facing the door to the bedroom.
· One of the ports on the internet router was assigned to a "spy eye".
· The Wii sensor bar and ps3 camera were facing the kitchen. He got very mad when I dusted the Wii bar and it wasn't in the exact position it was before!

**He is former military**

I have a new car, a new router, a new phone and have taken down all the electronics! I'm Still adjusting my life around this crap!

I seriously need a way to prove my "theory" in court without having to spend a ton of money. He (1) shouldn't be able to get away with this, and (2) shouldn't be allowed to do this to anyone else.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
In that case, you probably do want an outside company to analyze the phone, for the independent documentation. For that purpose $500 is probably not a bad deal. Not necessarily a great deal, but you can shop around.