SD CARD disappears after first file transfer and are not to be found again?

A

AC Question

This might very well be a faulty sd card. But it's not really random so it just feels so strange.

First off, had the same problem with the same card in another phone. While a different sd card seem to work with both phones, so yeah, I know...but here goes...

card: sdhc 32 gb 3 / AGFAPHOTO

If I remove the card and reformat the card, put it back in the phone, it's works right of the bat, no problem.

If I then transfer files, using mtp, either on linux or windows, the moment I remove the USB cable I lose the sd card??? Forever, I can't remount it!

Things that I have done.

1. Rebooted
2. Removed card and reinsert
3. Cleaned pins
4. Run data check on card for corrupted files, nothing

What really get me, is as I said, that if I format the sd card, the phone will read it perfectly fine, the first time every time, right until I transfer files onto the card for the first time.

I would like to use this card because it's faster and in any event I would of course like to avoid having to buy a new card.

motorola 4g play

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Run SD Insight on the card before copying anything to it. If it's not a 32GB card, or if it was made in 1 Jan 1970, it's counterfeit and about all you can do is crack it in half and toss it. That's the most common problem - defective cards are rare.

loggii

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Got it in Germany (Dane here) a good while back, so I'm very stuck with it [BOX]:)[/BOX]

Got to say for full discloser, that I just copied a small amount of data to the card and the card did for the first time not disappear after disconnecting the USB connection. The other times I had copied large amounts of data (music mostly). I don't see any good reason why the amount no matter how big or small should make a difference tho, so I'm not holding my breath.

What ever the case might turn out to be, big thanks for trying to help out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez