Google does not recognize google account after reset mode on my S7 Edge

A

AC Question

After resetting my S7 edge I can not sign in to my google account, google does not recognize account or password.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is Google's Factory Reset Protection feature. You have to enter the Google account and password that was previously associated with the phone before the reset. If you're absolutely certain you're entering the correct information, then try turning off 2-step authentication for your account, if it's turned on.

Also, if you changed your Google password at the same time, then you have to wait 72 hours before you can try logging back into the phone.

Zex Konjina

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Still no response for this?

It's incredible that Google doesn't even have a web page for situations like this. What a joke of a company. They dare to say something against Apple, and have this lousy support for technical problems they created.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Still no response for this?

It's incredible that Google doesn't even have a web page for situations like this. What a joke of a company. They dare to say something against Apple, and have this lousy support for technical problems they created.

The OP hasn't replied to know if this is solved or not. If they reset the device and immediately changed their Google account password, that can create a problem. Or as B. Diddy said, if there was a 2 step authentication invloved, that can add issues to the reset process.

I'm curious as to why you made the point about Apple. What do they have to do with this instance?