Battery Drain and How to Fix It

A

AC Question

Hi. I'm new to smartphones, so please explain things clearly, because I'm also not a techie.

I have a CoolPad Avail with KitKat. The battery is draining even when not in use (I'm not a heavy user). I read on here to turn off location service, and noticed that Google Play seems to be using a lot of battery too.

Here's my dilemma. Location already seems to be disabled, and all it says is "Force Stop." When I push that it says if I force stop it, it will make my phone act up.

I disabled most Google Services I wouldn't be using, but if I disable Google Play, can I easily get it back to download apps if I need to?

Also, heard about Better Battery app, but one comment says you have to root your phone to use it, and I can't do that on this phone, because it's a Lifeline government phone. Is there another good (preferably free) battery app?

TIA

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Charge to 100%, then use you phone normally. When down to about 40%, make a screenshot of your battery usage stats in Settings, Battery, and post it to us.
Tell us also what your signal strength is, and your screen brightness.

This may help: [GUIDE] How To Post Screenshots on Android Central

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=737130&share_fid=4950&share_type=t

...and this: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=298919&share_fid=4950&share_type=t

Forget about battery apps for the present time. They are useful for monitoring battery, but so far as I know there are none that will usefully improve battery life.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If you disable Google Play, several apps will refuse to work.

If you're new to smartphones, you need to understand that these are basically mini computers, and will eat a lot of power. None of them will last a week on a single charge like non smartphones can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699