Samung s5 glitch

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung s5 and I have dropped it a few times but it's not cracked, it never glitches like this before. But even before it only glitches when the brightness is low and now even at the highest brightness setting it still glitches except for this little part at the top. The glitch gets wrose when I put the brightness down or when the phone gets cold like when I'm outside.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, this kind of failure normally points to a hardware problem... motherboard, screen, bad cable connection. The bad part is whatever it is, (if hardware related), the screen needs to be removed, with heat, and damage can occur just trying to fix the problem.

The only thing you can try is to start the phone in Safe Mode to see if there's a remote chance it's an app causing the issue. In safe mode, only system apps will run and apps you installed won't. This will tell you if it's a 3rd party app causing the issue. If the failure still occurs in safe mode, then you'll probably need to send or take the phone in for repair. That too might be costly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvJYYKaWmNc

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Brightness down" and "cold" would seem to point to a broken LCD. That can happen by dropping an unprotected phone, and the phone can keep working for weeks before any problems show up. (Unfortunately, the only way to "Fix" that would be to replace the screen.)