Block emails in default app on phone

Crazy Eric

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG Stylo V2. In my email app that came on the phone I am using the "Microsoftexchange" this is not MS Outlook, nor is it GMAIL. I am getting a lot of junk mail. I have tried to unsubscribe, they still keep coming. I really would like help in stopping this. If I need to post more detail I will. Short of a new email account I can't figure this out, please help!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Unsubscribing to spam only increases your spam since what you have done is confirm that your email address is real and still in use.

Which email service are you using?

Spam filtering is not done on your phone. It is done on the server side. Using a web browser, go to your account on the email service and setup some email filters.
If the spam filter on your email service is not a good one, you may need to use a web browser to view you email on the server before you download it to the phone so that you can mark the emails as spam and help train the spam filter.

Crazy Eric

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Well it's a hot mail account, if that helps. Like I first posted I am using the "Microsoftexchange", what evere that means, on a hotmail account. Man I've been unsub to all of them, the amount of them had dropped of tremendously, doesn't jive with what you said? I am not sure how to end this, just delete until they stop? The only net access I have is thru my phone so it isn't practical for me to try otherwise. Please get back to me.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Your Hotmail account is hosted at Microsoft's "outlook.com" email site. Using your web browser app, go to that site, login using your Hotmail account info, take a look at the settings available to you.

Sometimes unsubscribing does work. Usually it is the difference between the legal spam and the illegal spam.

Crazy Eric

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Why is this fourm so diffrent to navigate? Is it the software that runs it? Oh well the more I poke away at it the more I learn how to navigate. Clutter maybe MS form of Google spam filter of sorts. You have to check it out to really get what I am saying. Sorry I can't communicate it in more accurate terms. Clutter may be a good feature. From what I read it is very new and very well maybe a very useful tool. Go and check it out!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana