Bought a song on play music. Where is it?

A

AC Question

I can't do anything but play it through Google play.
I'm trying to transfer them to my headphones. I thought when you bought a song through the store it would become a downloaded mp3 file? Help please! I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It does not become a downloaded MP3. In fact - if you select to cache the file to your device (now called "download" in the app) it goes into protected storage and has DRM as well.

I THINK you can download an MP3 to your computer then you could find a way to get them to your headphones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you buy a song from the Google Play Store, the song gets added to your Google Play Music library in the cloud -- you can access it by opening the Play Music app and looking in the My Library section. You can download it to the phone using the app, but that's only for offline use by the app itself -- you can't manipulate that file. The way to get an actual mp3 file you can manipulate is to download it from your Google Play Music library website on your desktop browser. You can then copy the file to your device via USB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87