It's a Samsung s3, shuts off at various battery percentages (most commonly 55-60%) and drains extremely quickly. If I am using it with wifi on and just scrolling through facebook, it will shut off within half an hour. If wifi is off and the screen is off, might last a few hours if I am lucky. Replaced the battery in October, just did a factory reset now and neither seem to be helping but rather made it worse. After the reset, it shut off at not even 70% after being at 100 maybe 10 minutes ago. Tried starting it in safe mode before the reset which didn't really help much. What else can I do? The phone is a couple of years old so if I brought it in would they be able to fix it or replace it for free or a decent price?
    01-29-2017 08:22 PM
    I've also experienced a random shutoff problem, however, it was on one of my S4's (which I've also had for a couple of years), rather than an S3. It also happens at various percentages (but I haven't factory resetted it), and also, I was thinking that it might have been caused by accidentally putting my SD card in the wrong way. Sadly, I haven't found any way to stop it yet.
    01-29-2017 11:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The first thing to do is test a new or different battery. Your current battery might be failing, which is not that unusual, especially for 3rd party batteries.
    01-30-2017 01:39 AM