cannot turn off my phone

issuer

Sep 5, 2023
Visit site
I have tried recovery mode, is that the same?
It was hard to get there, the only way was to press volume down a few seconds before the phone restarted.

I'll try and use the on-screen menu anyway

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have tried recovery mode, is that the same?
It was hard to get there, the only way was to press volume down a few seconds before the phone restarted.

I'll try and use the on-screen menu anyway
Recovery Mode is not the same as Safe Mode. Are you saying the steps in that link don't work for you?

Reactions: J Dubbs

issuer

Sep 5, 2023
Visit site
Recovery Mode is not the same as Safe Mode. Are you saying the steps in that link don't work for you?
OK, tried the safe mode. The phone didn't react at first. Some minutes later it was showing a screen in Chinese that looked rather like the recovery mode in English. I managed to get out of there, but noticed that the phone was quite hot to the touch. It cooled down after a while, but I was worried about that temperature. Hasn't happened again - just when I tried entering the safe mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd, since booting into Safe Mode should look just like a normal boot, but with "Safe Mode" noted at the bottom of the screen. 3rd party apps you installed would show as greyed out. What you describe sounds more like the fastboot menu.

Some manufacturers (usually Chinese) don't even allow for Safe Mode (which has always seemed very shady to me). Perhaps that's what Oppo does?

Reactions: J Dubbs

issuer

Sep 5, 2023
Visit site
That's odd, since booting into Safe Mode should look just like a normal boot, but with "Safe Mode" noted at the bottom of the screen. 3rd party apps you installed would show as greyed out. What you describe sounds more like the fastboot menu.

Some manufacturers (usually Chinese) don't even allow for Safe Mode (which has always seemed very shady to me). Perhaps that's what Oppo does?
who knows, nothing looked really normal. After that, again, the phone shows that message about being in optimal condition. It seems to be fine, even though it never goes off

mari-hari

Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
Hi everybody, after charging my phone I realised I could not switch it off - neither using the power off button nor using a virtual button on the screen. If I use this virtual button and select power off, the phone just reinitiates.

I have tried repair apps, wiped the cache... to no avail. Even a factory reset did nothing. That is to say, nothing has worked so far.
Besides, when the screen goes black it's complicated to wake it up again unless you use accessibility options (at least that works).

The phone has no other trouble than that, it seems.

Help, please.
This may sound a bit off but have you considered that yoursim card might have been tampered with. If factory reset doesn't work perhaps the code has been tampered with. Get a new sim card and don't let anyone else, even the store, touch it, set it up, install it, or anything of the sort. I bet that will solve the problem.

Replace sim. Don't let store or anyone else touch your phone during setup. Connect to a different private secure network. Good luck.

amico0

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
Okay i found out how to do it. I just needed to plug the phone to the laptop and then restarting it with power and volume down vshare button. As soon as the logo appeared you need to release power button and just hold volume up button.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29