Why am i getting ads that pop up on my home screen or when im playing a game or watching a video.

A

AC Question

These ads pop up and it is normally one page, with nothing but an ad that says my phone is buggy and are those fake google errors, or spin games that are obvious scams. They appear and i press the bottom left button on my samsung that lets you view open apps. I close this add but it has no name and goes away temporarily, like every 20 mins or so it will occur. I am wondering if there is any way to get rid of this bug; and if it has something to do with 3rd party applications or my web browser. Please help this is extremely annoying and im worried if there is something seriously wrong with the samsung's system.

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any apps with ad permissions, such as Airpush? I scanned with Anti Adware and some of my apps were detected to have ad permissions. I uninstalled most of them. I also got an ad injection problem once about 6 months ago, which was solved by factory resetting.

However, I have only experienced random ads similar to yours popping up once. In that case, I had an app called "Escape: Snow White" installed, and at some point when I opened my browser, random Japanese cartoon characters suddenly appeared and moved around on the screen. My friend noticed them and suspected it was a virus, so I uninstalled the escape game app, and then the cartoon characters didn't appear anymore. I don't know what problems it could have caused though, but fortunately I did a factory reset.

When it comes to your browser, have you clicked on anything on scam sites? They supposedly don't really cause problems unless you click on the buttons there.