Why is my Note 3 asking asking me to sign-in to my home network?

androidroidroid

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
I have a strange problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. My Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon) suddenly isn't able to connect to my home wireless network. Or rather, I can connect to my home network, but it's asking me to Sign-In when there is no sign-in and never has been. I have full signal strength, password is correct, and I can connect, but it's giving me the message "Sign-In is required".

In my notification menu it says "Check Connection. Open your web browser to finish connecting", as if I'm in an airport or hotel and there's a portal I need to login through. When I click it, it opens chrome and attempts to load the webpage "h fb com", but the page fails to load, and no other website will load either.

"h fb com page isn't working. h fb com didn't send any data. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE".

I also have a laptop, Kindle, Apple TV, and various other devices throughout the house that connect to the exact same wireless network without issue and without asking for a Sign-In. This problem happened suddenly one day about 3 weeks ago and I haven't been able to use wifi on my phone since.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure that you're connected to the wi-fi network with the correct SSID. I mention this first because if you have Comcast/Xfinity, your router will also broadcast an "xfinitywifi" public hotspot that anyone can connect to, as long as they're a Comcast subscriber. So if you were connected to your xfinitywifi hotspot and hadn't signed in using your Comcast account, it might ask you for that info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non