Ads all over and a strange app called "2048" (not the game)

A

AC Question

I got this tablet awhile back, and probably should've returned it immediately. The battery life sucked. But now, about a year later, ads start showing up. The only apps I've installed were Facebook, Messenger, and YouTube. But when the ads started, this weird app showed up on my home screen called "2048" but it isn't the game, it doesn't do anything when you tap it. So I went into t downloads section, but it wasn't there. No mention of it at all in Play Store, downloads, or the storage settings. Went into the app info for it, it said it was a built in app. But I've never seen it before! So I thought it was just a glitch, so I factory reset my tablet. But the app was still there! And the ads actually got worse. Now they show up all the time at random, taking up the whole screen. I really need some help with this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which tablet? Did it get any system updates around the time this started happening? It's possible that they included this 2048 app with the system update (as a form of bloatware), as well as injecting adware into the system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty