Samsung Galaxy S6 SMS detects sent messages as failed

A

AC Question

This has been happening for some time now. When I text someone, the text stays in the "Sending" status for some time before prompting me that it has failed to send. However the text has been received by the other person. Sometimes the other person would actually receive multiple copies of the same text over a period of a few minutes.

My phone is up to date and the signal strength is at usually >-90dBm. The Messages app also automatically deletes old messages so storage shouldn't be a problem. I've tried to clear the cache of the Messages app, restarted my phone and tried switching it to GSM-only network mode and none of these have helped.

Could there be another setting or software fix or is this possibly a hardware issue?

Thanks!

ezapper2

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
This has been happening for some time now. When I text someone, the text stays in the "Sending" status for some time before prompting me that it has failed to send. However the text has been received by the other person. Sometimes the other person would actually receive multiple copies of the same text over a period of a few minutes.

My phone is up to date and the signal strength is at usually >-90dBm. The Messages app also automatically deletes old messages so storage shouldn't be a problem. I've tried to clear the cache of the Messages app, restarted my phone and tried switching it to GSM-only network mode and none of these have helped.

Could there be another setting or software fix or is this possibly a hardware issue?

Thanks!

Same issue on s7 edge. Rogers network. Issue started after nougat and getting worse each day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana