Some SMS messages not transferring?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just got a new OnePlus Nord N20 5G phone, and I'm trying to transfer all of my SMS messages from my old phone (LG Fortune 3, a Cricket phone). I have tried multiple apps, including SMS Backup & Restore, SMS Organizer, OnePlus' "Clone Phone", and even Google's own backup and restore system within the phone. With every single option, it is not backing up/restoring certain messages.

What's strange is that the messages that are not getting backed up are the same for each app I use. Observing which messages have been backed up in each app shows that it's cutting off at the same point in each app.

Mind, these are not particularly strange messages. It's not like it's only MMS or something - in fact, my MMS all seem to have transferred over just fine. But certain text conversations are cut off at seemingly random points - and they are the same points no matter which app I use to backup and restore.

So it seems to me like there is some sort of problem with the messages themselves? Or the Messaging app? I've been trying for hours and I am lost. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
If it's not transfering at the same place with multiple apps, the only thing that's left is. Those messages are somehow corrupted.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk