Why and how does google know exactly what type of phone i have????

Heyuhigotaquestion

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I had to change my google password, and i got an email alert saying that my password was changed and asking if i was the one doing that. Okay cool. AND THEN IT TOLD ME THE EXACT PHONE MODEL USED TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD. UM, /MY/ EXACT PHONE MODEL.

HOW DO I MAKE THAT NOT THE CASE. HOW DO I MAKE GOOGLE THINK I HAVE A DIFFERENT PHONE THEN THE PHONE I HAVE. PLEASE HELP THIS IS CREEPING ME OUT

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I had to change my google password, and i got an email alert saying that my password was changed and asking if i was the one doing that. Okay cool. AND THEN IT TOLD ME THE EXACT PHONE MODEL USED TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD. UM, /MY/ EXACT PHONE MODEL.

HOW DO I MAKE THAT NOT THE CASE. HOW DO I MAKE GOOGLE THINK I HAVE A DIFFERENT PHONE THEN THE PHONE I HAVE. PLEASE HELP THIS IS CREEPING ME OUT
There is a way to add devices or mask what your current device is, but this cannot be discussed on Android Central. You may find what you seek on XDA Developers. However, you can't remove this from a device, because all android devices have identifiers that tell things like the play store your devices specs. This is mainly used so that you don't have access to apps that are incompadible with your device (i.e. if it can't handle the app), but this usually only applies to cheaper or legacy and under-powered devices. Apple does the same thing. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I would be far more concerned about issues like Windows 10 telemetry or your cable providers logging policies...

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You'd need some kind of anonymizer and even that might not help. Whenever you browse the internet, some data about your device is sent to the remote server. This is usually done to allow the server to server you the site in the best way to give you a good experience.

Oh yeah, Google uses that same identifier when you register the device and use it to connect to their services, this is to help identify if apps are compatible with the device - just look at apps on play.google.com (from your computer) and see that it tells you if an app is compatible, you can also choose WHICH device to install an app to from there if you have more than one device.

Welcome as a member!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer