Whatsapp Notification Sounds in OnePlus 3T

A

AC Question

I have a brand new OnePlus 3T, I've changed the notification sounds on the Whatsapp App to my custom sounds. The problem is that whenever I recieve a message I get the default notification sound from the phone NOT the sound I have chosen for Whatsapp. Curiously enough this doesn't happen with messages from groups in Whatsapp, or in other e-mail or messaging apps.

I've tried other sounds, formats and folders and it won't work. For some reason the Default Notification Sound has more priority than the Whatsapp Notification Sound.

Since Whatsapp wouldn't work, I tried to change the Default Notification Sound so it will be the same as my Whataspp Notification Sound. BUT OnePlus 3T doesn't allow you to add new Notification sounds (You just can add Ringtones and Alarms).

Help? Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, what are using to set the custom sound? A file explorer, some app like Zedge ...? I've seen this same problem happening in different phones and the usual fix is moving your custom sounds to the ringtones folder. Have you already tried this?