Playing with the prime the last 30mins

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Wife has the ipad 2 after returning the galaxy tab. Ice cream sandwich cant get here fast enough.. The speaker is really weak.

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you played around with a Tegra 2 based honeycomb tablet? If so, do you notice any difference in performance? I have been perfectly happy with my Xoom but upgrading to Tegra 3 goodness plus the added functionality of the keyboard dock has me very tempted.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think its worth the upgrade ... I feel like f"king beta tester how extremely buggy honeycomb still is. Its rather embarrasing comparing it to how polished I pad 2 is. For how long I waited and how hyped tegra 3 was, its worthless on buggy software. The web browser is horrible. The size is a bit awkward as well, feels long and skinny. No way should I be getting the lag I'm getting off a quad core.. typing is painful. Installed swype and literally it can not keep up. Finding myself using my epic touch more.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds disappointing... hopefully I won't dislike mine as much. I'd like to mainly use it for typing notes in class, with the gaming and fun of android being a nice side-bonus. Think it's at least good enough for that?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its worth the upgrade ... I feel like f"king beta tester how extremely buggy honeycomb still is. Its rather embarrasing comparing it to how polished I pad 2 is. For how long I waited and how hyped tegra 3 was, its worthless on buggy software. The web browser is horrible. The size is a bit awkward as well, feels long and skinny. No way should I be getting the lag I'm getting off a quad core.. typing is painful. Installed swype and literally it can not keep up. Finding myself using my epic touch more.
could you give some feedback on display's touch responsiveness and flash video 720 / 1080 playback. those two problems were mainly the reason i returned the original TF back to bestbuy
thanks

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Touch responsive is laggy.. It does play HD fine.. Tried opera and dolphin browsers I curse at thee.. Waiting for ics, hopefully comes out soon or this tab is going back. 80% to 30% in 4 hrs

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Touch responsive is laggy.. It does play HD fine.. Tried opera and dolphin browsers I curse at thee.. Waiting for ics, hopefully comes out soon or this tab is going back. 80% to 30% in 4 hrs
thank you. could you please elaborate what is exactly wrong with stock browser? and did you try to play any tegra games on it yet such as shadowgun.. or riptide how is the gaming performance? thanks agan.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Stock browser or any browser in fact , stutters at times, while loading and scrolling. Riptide plays great and the glowball demo seems ok. My wifi signal never shows full bars unless I'm within 3 ft of my router. side by side epic touch will load webpages quicker. Auto brightness is really dim compared to ipad2's auto setting. It's not going to get the same battery life though :( force close on direct TV NFL app.. What a bummer

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you please take pics with your name on a paper by it and show proof... It not that i dont beleive you I just want see the unit and make sure... If it this bad i have the galaxy tab already and if this is not good I am going jump on a new gen console when they come out

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
o damn your right... I mean at first the galaxy tab bothered me becauuse it isnt as fluid as the ipad 2 but in werid way android makes up for it and it fits my needs. Do you dislike the os or do you dislike the actual unit. I am trying decide if I should get a galaxy nexus off contract just got the rezound or get the tab still

pjb5064

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If it means anything, I played with one in a GameStop for about 30 minutes and had no issues with it at all... these issues seem pretty drastic and made up if you ask me... but I don't know.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If it means anything, I played with one in a GameStop for about 30 minutes and had no issues with it at all... these issues seem pretty drastic and made up if you ask me... but I don't know.

I'll sell you mine right now for what I paid for it plus shipping.. Sitting at work clicking the same links side by side with an iPad 2 and it's literally minutes before the prime downloads the page. Weak wifi. Checking tigerdirects return policy right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non