Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Playing with the prime the last 30mins

Wife has the ipad 2 after returning the galaxy tab. Ice cream sandwich cant get here fast enough.. The speaker is really weak.

Default Re: Playing with the prime the last 30mins

Had a feeling the speaker was going to be weak being that there is only one

Have you played around with a Tegra 2 based honeycomb tablet? If so, do you notice any difference in performance? I have been perfectly happy with my Xoom but upgrading to Tegra 3 goodness plus the added functionality of the keyboard dock has me very tempted.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Unhappy Re: Playing with the prime the last 30mins

I don't think its worth the upgrade ... I feel like f"king beta tester how extremely buggy honeycomb still is. Its rather embarrasing comparing it to how polished I pad 2 is. For how long I waited and how hyped tegra 3 was, its worthless on buggy software. The web browser is horrible. The size is a bit awkward as well, feels long and skinny. No way should I be getting the lag I'm getting off a quad core.. typing is painful. Installed swype and literally it can not keep up. Finding myself using my epic touch more.

Sounds disappointing... hopefully I won't dislike mine as much. I'd like to mainly use it for typing notes in class, with the gaming and fun of android being a nice side-bonus. Think it's at least good enough for that?

Careful now your going to cause an uproar
    dhmgejs likes this.

I'm sure someone here is willing to end your pain and buy it from you

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vincey2kr1 View Post
    I don't think its worth the upgrade ... I feel like f"king beta tester how extremely buggy honeycomb still is. Its rather embarrasing comparing it to how polished I pad 2 is. For how long I waited and how hyped tegra 3 was, its worthless on buggy software. The web browser is horrible. The size is a bit awkward as well, feels long and skinny. No way should I be getting the lag I'm getting off a quad core.. typing is painful. Installed swype and literally it can not keep up. Finding myself using my epic touch more.
    could you give some feedback on display's touch responsiveness and flash video 720 / 1080 playback. those two problems were mainly the reason i returned the original TF back to bestbuy
    thanks
    Jonneh likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Touch responsive is laggy.. It does play HD fine.. Tried opera and dolphin browsers I curse at thee.. Waiting for ics, hopefully comes out soon or this tab is going back. 80% to 30% in 4 hrs
    Last edited by vincey2kr1; 12-19-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vincey2kr1 View Post
    Touch responsive is laggy.. It does play HD fine.. Tried opera and dolphin browsers I curse at thee.. Waiting for ics, hopefully comes out soon or this tab is going back. 80% to 30% in 4 hrs
    thank you. could you please elaborate what is exactly wrong with stock browser? and did you try to play any tegra games on it yet such as shadowgun.. or riptide how is the gaming performance? thanks agan.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Stock browser or any browser in fact , stutters at times, while loading and scrolling. Riptide plays great and the glowball demo seems ok. My wifi signal never shows full bars unless I'm within 3 ft of my router. side by side epic touch will load webpages quicker. Auto brightness is really dim compared to ipad2's auto setting. It's not going to get the same battery life though force close on direct TV NFL app.. What a bummer

ROM
    standard

Can you please take pics with your name on a paper by it and show proof... It not that i dont beleive you I just want see the unit and make sure... If it this bad i have the galaxy tab already and if this is not good I am going jump on a new gen console when they come out

Where did you get it?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Trying this from my phone bare with me, you can see the difference. IPad 2 speaker is louder. PreOrdered from tigerdirect Nov 23
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Playing with the prime the last 30mins-20111219_234615.jpg  
    Thanked by:

ROM
    standard

o damn your right... I mean at first the galaxy tab bothered me becauuse it isnt as fluid as the ipad 2 but in werid way android makes up for it and it fits my needs. Do you dislike the os or do you dislike the actual unit. I am trying decide if I should get a galaxy nexus off contract just got the rezound or get the tab still

ROM
    standard

can you screen shot the main screen with myzine

If it means anything, I played with one in a GameStop for about 30 minutes and had no issues with it at all... these issues seem pretty drastic and made up if you ask me... but I don't know.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
    If it means anything, I played with one in a GameStop for about 30 minutes and had no issues with it at all... these issues seem pretty drastic and made up if you ask me... but I don't know.
    I'll sell you mine right now for what I paid for it plus shipping.. Sitting at work clicking the same links side by side with an iPad 2 and it's literally minutes before the prime downloads the page. Weak wifi. Checking tigerdirects return policy right now

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

what color/model is it?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by dhmgejs View Post
    what color/model is it?
    champagne 32 gig from tiger direct

Only annoying issue with mine is the stock browser force closing a lot and lagging when scrolling or clicking links, but other than that and a few small bugs that could be worked out, it works fine and I'm loving it. I compared the speaker to my brother's ipad speaker and the ipad doesn't blow it away, and if anything is just a little louder. I have the 32 gb gray from gamestop.

Acer 500 also has all metal blocking the antennas and has awful wifi. Anandtech mentions the Prime does not have a plastic window for the wifi, so Asus tried to correct with two antennas, but still significantly weaker range then the Transformer 1.

This could be a big weak spot for the device and would expect a design change in the near future to add a window. Well, I hope they do, since I returned the A500 due to weak wifi and use a Flyer and Thrive (both have great wifi range).

Was looking forward to the Prime, but will wait to see if corrected.

ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Acer 500 also has all metal blocking the antennas and has awful wifi. Anandtech mentions the Prime does not have a plastic window for the wifi, so Asus tried to correct with two antennas, but still significantly weaker range then the Transformer 1.

This could be a big weak spot for the device and would expect a design change in the near future to add a window. Well, I hope they do, since I returned the A500 due to weak wifi and use a Flyer and Thrive (both have great wifi range).

Was looking forward to the Prime, but will wait to see if corrected.
    Same here... What I don't understand is what kind of tests did Asus run with the device before they release it to the market...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by illmatic13 View Post
    Only annoying issue with mine is the stock browser force closing a lot and lagging when scrolling or clicking links, but other than that and a few small bugs that could be worked out, it works fine and I'm loving it. I compared the speaker to my brother's ipad speaker and the ipad doesn't blow it away, and if anything is just a little louder. I have the 32 gb gray from gamestop.
    Goodness how terrible to hear about the browser and wifi capability!!! I am hopeful that the soon to be released ICS update fixes the browser issue. Not sure that the wifi issue is fixable for us getting the tablet in this shipment. Since I still donít have my Prime, I still have time to cancel and am thinking long and hard about canceling. This is the first preorder that Iíve done and did so after much, much research. Now I'm thinking about the iPad2 because I don't have a clue what else is out there that is just at good sounding as the Prime.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast