Tablet Browsers

False_Aesop

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been generally using the stock browser, though I do have Dolphin for a few sites that seem to insist they don't work on Android (Blip.tv for example) but work fine with Dolphin HD's desktop profile.

kborer22

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Been using ics+ browser. Seems more stable than stock, have not had a crash since I installed it. I also noticed that at both work and school it holds a connection to the guests wifi networks better, which unfortunately is what I am on when not at home

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

TheFamous310

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Opera has been pretty awesome for me so far. But for streaming video I've got to load it in stock or dolphin. I've been hearing a lot of positive about boat browser and eventually I'll try it out.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Dolphin HD as my default browser. The main reason is that I am able to sync with Xmarks all my Firefox bookmarks. I'm also using Boat, which is rather fast and smooth.

Thank you for this. I know have xmarks in dolphin browser hd. Just got that much better. Didnt know it was available. Thanks

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Opera has been pretty awesome for me so far. But for streaming video I've got to load it in stock or dolphin. I've been hearing a lot of positive about boat browser and eventually I'll try it out.

You should try Boat Browser asap. It's as fast or faster than Opera and handles Flash just fine.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The stock browser does give that option. Click on the 3 dot menu button (top right), and check "Request desktop site".

Yes, I know. Hence my comment of "having to do the special request". It doesn't persist across sessions or even pages, so for some sites it's "request desktop site, click link, request desktop site, etc". Other browsers have the ability to set a persistent value of desktop or mobile for the browser type. I don't think that it's too much to ask that the stock browser do this as well. Especially on a device that has ONLY wifi connectivity.

Open Chrome on your desktop. Click on the wrench on the top right side. Go to Options. Then select Personal Stuff on the left. Click sign in and sign into your account. Click on Advanced and make sure that bookmarks is checked. Now the bookmarks that are on your desktop should show up on your tablet browser.

As far as I know, there is nothing that you need to set on your tablet as long as you are logged into Google.

Yup. I've done all that. As I said, I have my bookmarks syncing across all of my desktop PCs with no problem, it's only the tablet that has issues. I actually went into the Google Dashboard and deleted all of my Chrome Sync data and disabled the sync, then set it up again just to make sure that it wasn't an issue with the data that Google had stored for me. Still nothing on the tablet.

g_b_h

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Skyfire. As silky smooth as opera, but it handles flash flawlessly. And unlike stock or ICS+ it has no lockups or reboots. Try it...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I stuck with Dolphin because it's what I'm used to on my Atrix, but I didn't realize we have so many options now! Still, though, dolphin seems to do everything I want my browser to do, and I never have any problems with it, so I might as well stick with the trusted lol.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
As I said, I have my bookmarks syncing across all of my desktop PCs with no problem, it's only the tablet that has issues. I actually went into the Google Dashboard and deleted all of my Chrome Sync data and disabled the sync, then set it up again just to make sure that it wasn't an issue with the data that Google had stored for me. Still nothing on the tablet.

This seems to be working now. I installed Chrome and that sync didn't work either, so I deleted my Google account from the tablet, then rebooted, then re-added the account and let everything sync. Now I have my bookmarks in Chrome and the stock browser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress