Stylus that works with Prime?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a couple different Stylus with the Prime and had horrible results. One from Targus and the Bamboo one for the ipad. They just don't work at all, specifically for drawing or handwriting. They will select and press icons, but can't draw a smooth line for anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried it in Sketchbook, the best drawing suite I have found on Android. Side by Side with an Ipad 2, same app same stylus, the performance was AWFUL. This is the very first time I have seen the ipad do anything superior to the prime.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried the entry level Targus one and it was horrible. Have you tried drawing with the pen one? Or taking handwritten notes?

Hehe... I live in Bradenton... Small world

skycross

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried the entry level Targus one and it was horrible. Have you tried drawing with the pen one? Or taking handwritten notes?

Hehe... I live in Bradenton... Small world

I draw better with the pen one but swipe better on the keyboard without the stylus. I like the pen a lot so the dual purpose is really cool. I have had several coworkers comment on how nice the pen is without even realizing it is a stylus. Looks good in my shirt pocket which makes it much easier to have it with me when I need it. Worth the extra money for sure.

Just moved to Sarasota and loving it. :cool:

atatistcheff

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Prime a few weeks ago with the hopes of replacing my iPad with it. Superior specs at the same price plus one less Apple device. However the stylus performance was the killer feature (in this case the feature that killed the Prime for me). I have four different stylus's including Boxwave, Targus and a couple others. None of them performed worth a darn on the Transformer. This feature alone is something I use the iPad for all the time - taking notes with a stylus.

I was willing to forgive the lack of decent stylus apps since these can be developed over time. However, with the hardware just not detecting the stylus that's not something that can be fixed in an app. Played with the Prime for a day but ended up taking it back to Staples and getting a refund.

I'm not done trying out Android tablets, hopefully this is just something with the Transformer's touch screen design. I would love to see an Android tablet with digital stylus support some day.

tony1ant

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Adonit Jot Stylus off Amazon and it is the best Stylus I have ever used
Awesome for drawing and writing and is very accurate works on all my capacitive screen devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non