Transformer Prime isn't seeing the newest OTA

robkurzd

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My Transformer Prime cannot receive the latest OTA.

I've had my Prime since Christmas (I can thank my girlfriend for that) and didn't have any issues.

I wasn't able to get the 9.4.2.11.1 update, so I loaded the zip the file.

I rooted my tablet. Before the update was actually released, I unrooted it.

I have tried doing a factory reset but I am still on 9.4.2.11.1. Any ideas how I can set my tablet to get the OTA? Or to set it to 'brand new' status (before 9.4.2.11.1)?

Thanks guys. I tried googling, searching transformerprime.com forums, searching Android Central forums but it seems like everyone else was able to get the update.

EDIT: I have tried manually going to Settings -> About Tablet -> System Firmware Update

I don't have the wpa_supplicant2 add-hoc network patch done. I had rooted so that I could get bluetooth access for PS3 controller.
Also, have rebooted.

Last edited:

robkurzd

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I downloaded Voodoo OTA and discovered that Super User was still installed. I think I did some reading that Super User needed to be removed even if device isn't rooted.

I tried using Root Explorer but didn't have access as I already unrooted. Any other way to delete this?

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you unlock the bootloader? That would be my only guess why you might not get it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

robkurzd

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
No unlocked boot loader.

Tried the viper mod root/unroot again. Tried rooting Prime again and unrooting and still not able to pull updates.

robkurzd

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You're the man (or woman)! I looked at xda-developers before but hadn't seen that thread.

The solution was further in the thread.

All I had to do was download .15 firmware (I was way out of date because of root). Once I loaded that from my SD card, I was prompted for the OTA.

Thanks again, I can now go back to enjoying my tablet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress