Locked S24 Series vs Unlocked S24 Series OTA Update Comparison.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Let's see how April's will turn out
Yeah agreed, I doubt they can keep up and update all variants at the same day. I'm happy that this time happened but I'll be in shock if this actually keeps up after several months.

Also, I don't want give Samsung too much kudos since this is just one model. My Fold 5 doesn't have March security update yet.

I'll be only impressed if they can be like iPhone and update all their phones (different models, carrier, unlocked) on the same day. I know it's unrealistic and never happen. But I'll be only impressed then

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah agreed, I doubt they can keep up and update all variants at the same day. I'm happy that this time happened but I'll be in shock if this actually keeps up after several months.

Also, I don't want give Samsung too much kudos since this is just one model. My Fold 5 doesn't have March security update yet.

I'll be only impressed if they can be like iPhone and update all their phones (different models, carrier, unlocked) on the same day. I know it's unrealistic and never happen. But I'll be only impressed then
Definitely agree

Reactions: bhatech

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yes. The April update cycle will show us the pattern. At least for the S24 series. You can't really establish a pattern until at least the third (or forth) observance. And you should allow for small deviations.

Korea usually gets updates first, no surprise there.

February Update: We all got it simultaneously (at least in the US).
March Update: Carrier locked got it a day before unlocked (small deviation and at least in the US).

Comparing the S24 series update pattern to other Samsung phone series or other OEMs update pattern is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Although it is interesting to see when they receive their updates.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
It looks like the Verizon variant of the S24 Ultra is getting updated.

So far, unlocked haven't started to receive it. Nor have I seen people on other carriers (both locked and unlocked) saying they have received it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Installing the April update now. It's a pretty hefty update.

S24 Ultra (unlocked)
US
Verizon

Seems to be a 2-3 day delay between when US locked and US/ international unlocked received it. Not too bad. It used to be a 2-3 week delay between US locked and US/international unlocked.

Verizon seems to be still leading the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter