Reading magazines intended for Kindle Fire or Nook

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Greetings, I realize the Kindle Fire is outselling other tablets by a lot, but it is frustrating when my various hard copy magazine subscriptions come with free tablet versions, but those are only intended for the Fire or Nook, meaning I am out of luck.

I have checked into Wired magazine for example, by searching the Amazon app store for a Wired app, but it doesn't show up for me.

I know Zinio makes magazines available too, but not always the ones I subscribe to.

Just wondering what other people here do. I am tired of getting left out because I opted to buy a much better tablet than the Kindle Fire.

Otherwise, I am tickled pink by my Transformer Prime.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, wish I could help. I looked into getting GQ last night and it looks like the iPad and Kindle Fire are all that's supported. I'm sure they needed no reason to include the iPad, but I wonder if Amazon threw some incentive their way to only develop for the Fire. It seems silly to exclude the millions of other Android devices. While I don't necessarily miss it, it was nice to have GQ on my iPad for when I wanted to kill some time and look at nice things I can't afford... a minor thing to sacrifice for how much, like you, I enjoy the Prime, but hopefully more magazines will start to show up. For now, I guess I can just make do with GQ's "news" feed in Pulse

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Probably a stupid question but have you tried using the Nook or Kindle app to see if you can find the Nook or Kindle versions of those magazines?

For example, National Geographic's webpage says they don't have an Android version, just Ipad and Nook but you can buy it through the Nook app and read it on Android, at least you can on my Evo3D.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I did look, yes, and Wired did not show up in either place. So other than PC Magazine which I can get through Zinio, I will have to search for the others individually through the various apps.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

rocco225

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. Why can I subscribe to Baggers Magazine on the iPad but not my Kindled App'd Xoom. It doesnt make any sense. Bad decision.

jdougs

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea I sudscribed to Baggers magazine and ESPN the magazine through my Kindle fire and cannot access either of them through the Kindle app on my sgs3. Senseless!

JD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty