Bluetooth phone pairing problems

Tricoder

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'd like to use the internet connection of my mobile phone for my Transformer.
But I can't get it to work with most of my phones. The problem is that after I have paired both devices, the Transformer doesn't show any services (like tethering...) for them. It says "paired, but not connected". When I click on it, it doesn't connect. When I click the wrench, I don't see any services.

This is for my Samsung GT-IS5500 and my Nokia N86MP. However, it does work properly for my Sony Ericsson W980i! For this phone, the services (including tethering) are listed and when I click on it, it immediately connects to the phone.

I successfully established tethering from my Notebook for all three mobile phones, so it's not like I'm a) too dumb or b) that they're having any problems in general.

Does anybody have a clue?
Looks like a bug in the Honeycomb bluetooh stack, doesn't it?

Last edited:

ItsAllAndroid

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes pairing it is a little annoying you have to make sure both devices are discoverable and that if a password is required that they both have them put in correctly try connecting it through your phone not your tablet.

Tricoder

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I did everyting you said, but it didn't help.

I updated the GT-IS5500 to Froyo and thus am able to setup a WLAN hotspot. But I'd rather have Bluetooth tethering.