Is the Transformer worth it without the keyboard?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering my options for a tablet, and I have it narrowed down to a Transformer or a Thrive. However, because of my budget (I don't want to push off a phone upgrade TOO far ;) ), I wouldn't be able to get the keyboard dock with the Transformer.

My question is, how usable is it without the dock? How many of you are using it without the dock?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been considering my options for a tablet, and I have it narrowed down to a Transformer or a Thrive. However, because of my budget (I don't want to push off a phone upgrade TOO far ;) ), I wouldn't be able to get the keyboard dock with the Transformer.

My question is, how usable is it without the dock? How many of you are using it without the dock?

I have two coworkers that both have one one has the dock one does not .the one without the dock wishes he has the dock but has no regrets about getting the tablet . I would not let a dock stop u from getting the tablet

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: ls377

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I personally think the tablet alone is top notch and more then worth it without the dock. While the dock is an awesome feature to have, the tablet alone feels and works great. Add in the great price and its a no brainer.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I personally think the tablet alone is top notch and more then worth it without the dock. While the dock is an awesome feature to have, the tablet alone feels and works great. Add in the great price and its a no brainer.

I have the tablet without the dock and I don't miss if. On screen keyboard works great

+1 to both of these. I got the Asus with no plans on getting the dock. I did my research and tried evey tablet (except the Thrive) and determined the Transformer was the best tablet for the money and what I needed it to do.

But then I read this forum and everyone talked about the dock. So I got it and I love it. But I was happy with the tablet before, so either way you can't lose.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I tried most tablets out and found the asus to be my favorite. The dock did sway me alot, but without the dock I would have gotten it anyways due to feel and price.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the tablet without the dock quite a bit and it works well, but if I had not intended to get the keyboard I probably would have been more satisfied with one of the others.

I played with the Thrive at the store and it seems to be a good option. The rubber back is great for one handed holding, even better than the TF. Also, the full SD and USB connection onboard would be good to have compared to a TF without a dock.

-Suntan

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
+1 to both of these. I got the Asus with no plans on getting the dock. I did my research and tried evey tablet (except the Thrive) and determined the Transformer was the best tablet for the money and what I needed it to do.

But then I read this forum and everyone talked about the dock. So I got it and I love it. But I was happy with the tablet before, so either way you can't lose.
How about if you could have it for $299 at staples? Staples has an offer until July 31st for $100 on tablets, except for the TouchPad, Nook, or Kindle.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
How about if you could have it for $299 at staples? Staples has an offer until July 31st for $100 on tablets, except for the TouchPad, Nook, or Kindle.

Wow, that is a sweet deal. I was going to get one for my son and now looks like the best time. I checked Staples a few weeks ago when I got mine, and they didn't carry the Asus at that time.

Where did you get that coupon?

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Staples does not carry the TF in stores. You need to either A) go to an online kiosk in store and then chose the pay in-store option to apply the coupon or B) go to OfficeDepot or WalMart to price match the coupon.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
No problem there! I called Best Buy, and they said just bring the coupon and proof of Staples in store price before the coupon and they will price match!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer