Polaris office

thamenacing1

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it gets the job done. I've pushed out a couple of documents. If I need anything extensive, I may go to Documents to go, but I don't so far, and it has opened my Office attachments in my email, so no complaints so far.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I used it to create and edit work documents. It does not replace MS Word but to me but it is comparable to Open Office. If I need just to create a draft copy of a document or just to proof read one, I will use Polaris. The good thing I fond is that if you open an Polaris document in Word, it is automatically saved as a Word document. Pretty neat and effective.

I have not tried using the spreadsheet or presentation function of Polaris

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have always been a loyal user of Doc to Go for a long time mostly because of the syncing file option with a pc. After reading this thread I tried out Polaris Office in a spread sheet and it's really nice. I like how it had all the different tabs on the bottom of the page and by just hitting the edit button it gives you all your options on the top. When using D2G I have to keep hitting the menu button to copy/paste or use any other of the options. Polaris was much closer to using excel at this time but D2G I'm sure will have some updates for better tablet use.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually glad to hear some positive about the spreadsheet, and must set aside some time to figure out why I couldn't get it to work.
Thanks
J

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have always been a loyal user of Doc to Go for a long time mostly because of the syncing file option with a pc. After reading this thread I tried out Polaris Office in a spread sheet and it's really nice. I like how it had all the different tabs on the bottom of the page and by just hitting the edit button it gives you all your options on the top. When using D2G I have to keep hitting the menu button to copy/paste or use any other of the options. Polaris was much closer to using excel at this time but D2G I'm sure will have some updates for better tablet use.

D2G is by far the most feature rich doc editor, but on tablets the lack of a solid GUI is really annoying. I like Quick Office but it has so few features with document editing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

swolf76

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The spreadsheet aspect for Polaris does some quirky things. For instance, when I try and enter "1" in a cell it prints "!" Instead. I have also have been unsuccessful it getting formulas to work. Is there a website available to submit troubleshooting questions?

ASUSFAN0001

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have used Docs to Go since my Palm Treo days ...I tried out Polaris Office with my Asus Transformer. In my opinion, far superior to Docs to Go
I use Word and Powerpoint alot for work.

I found the opposite - Docs To Go (the Paid version) is far superior in every aspect (working with files, editing files, saving files) than Polaris Docs.

Over the first few weeks I had the ASUS Transformer...I used Polaris Docs alot...and found all sorts of anomalies in how it worked and handled files. No such issues with Docs to Go (the paid version).

While I was not thrilled at paying $14 for the paid version of Docs to Go, I now find it both the best $14 spent on apps so far...but also a whole lot less frustrating working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Powerpoint files.

rocckky

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
1.Can you email items to Polaris
2. When I try and share things in often Docs to go is on the list but not Polaris...why is that?
3.Finally ....sure is EASIER to access the tools needs to create a document on Polaris...color,bold etc...
Thanks

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
These are all great comments so far. What about compatibility with Office 2010 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)? I have office 2010. Can I open 2010 docs in Polaris? Also how does this compare to using Google Docs?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Is anyone having trouble logging on to Box.net within Polaris Office.

Box.net is similar to Dropbox.

Box.net is built into Polaris Office and you setup your log on and password.

Then you go to the main screen and you tap on 'web files' and that will bring up the logon screen for Box.net.

It will then attempt to logon. That is where I'm having the problem. It just keep saying logon failed.

Thanks!

Rob

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Can Polaris access Google Docs? I use Quick Office on my phone to do it and it works well enough for me, if there is a tablet version I might use it when my ASUS arrives..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa