Real world battery life streaming movies

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to know how long my TF300 32GB would last me streaming movies from Netflix with the display brightness half way turned up. So I fully charged my TF300 and started to stream movies and timed from beginning to the time the TF300 ran out of juice.

I got a solid 9:02 hours of battery life streaming movies from Netflix non-stop. Display was turned up half way with GPS turned off. Weather being refreshed every 2 hours and email syncing every 15 minutes.

I would say that's pretty good battery life, considering you're pulling the stream through the wireless connection.

I will test with the display turned up all the way tomorrow. I was planning on posting how many movies and documentaries I streamed, but I lost count. But 9:02 hours pretty much speaks for its self.

Hope this helps people wondering how long the battery life is on the TF300.

Reactions: rich.x87

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hearing this makes me glad I bought the TF300 as my next tablet. I don't remember my Xoom getting even 8 hours of streaming Netflix.

This tablet is getting better and better; such a great buy!

JeffGr

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Was the test done with just the tablet alone or was it connected to the keyboard dock?

-Jeff

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I did the test with the tablet alone. I do not have the keyboard dock. Just the tablet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Real world battery life streaming movies *** UPDATE ***

I just ran the same test as the 1st one, with the ONLY difference in having the screen brightness turned all the way up.

I was able to get a 7:12 hours of battery life streaming Netflix with brightness turned all the way up.

No keyboard dock, just the tablet.

Hope this helps someone out there trying to gauge the battery life on the TF300.

This tablet is about 2 weeks old as well. :cool:

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm in love with this tablet.
Just to complement your post, I attach a screen shot of the battery use of what I would consider a normal use.

I have the tablet running on the Performance profile.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the battery life......over a 2 day period I had 6 hours of screen on time.....that is Netflix, gaming like dead trigger with brightness up and performance on, Downloading tons of apps, lots of browsing and just general "dicking around" on it.

And I could totally see 9 hours of streaming since I loose about 4-5% for my 22 ish minute shows.