Software/Firmware Updates

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not an Android noob, but I am new to Android Tablets, and in particular this one. I'm picking it up in the next week and I want to prepare for it.

So...questions on updates. I noticed on the ASUS website, there are two downloads under Firmware (V9.4.5.22 and V9.4.5.26) for the "US" SKU (I assume since I'm in the USA that would be the SKU I use). My questions are: Do I need to download both of them sequentially, or can I just get the latest one and it should cover all? Also I've heard there have been some OTA updates; are these the same as what can be downloaded, or do I need both manual firmware updates as well as the OTA's?

Just as well, there is no change-log for the most recent update V9.4.5.26...anyone have a link to what has been updated?

Thanks so much for any help. Looking forward to my first Android Tablet, and this one looks like a monster specs wise.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok I figured it all out.

But really...out of over 200 "views", NO ONE could respond to this?? Not even a "take a look at this 'website' for your answer" ?

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I will tell you one thing..since the update this tablet feels snappier, and less lag.

Rezounded

Thanks for that. I went in to a BB to check it out live, and oh my...fell in love with it. Now the torture of waiting for it to get to me this week is 1000x what it was! It even let me go through the update process so I was able to see what it looked like (I guess BB doesn't keep up on that stuff).

I noticed a little bit of twitching here and there, but with everyone messing around with it in the store, I'm sure that factored in to some inconsistency. I'll be treating mine like the king it is!