notaboyscout

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I used to have a prime but exchanged it for the infinity a few weeks ago. I am using the same keyboard dock that i bought with the prime. Lately, when I try and type anything using the dock it just starts doing this 777777777777777777777 all by itself. I ran an anti virus app but it found nothing. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this issue and how to fix it?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
If you somehow wound up getting the JellyBean update before it was officially released, there was some sort of input bug which caused that release to be delayed until today. No idea if that would explain it, but a possibility.

Otherwise, have you checked to make sure nothing has jammed your "7" key (or whichever is repeating) or gotten stuck under it, etc? Any possibility of a liquid spill that would've shorted out the keyboard?

... perhaps goblins?

lol. A few possibilities... maybe not so much the goblins though. ;)

notaboyscout

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I just fiddled with the number 7 key and it fixed it until i hit the 7 key again. Played with it some more and now it seems it is doing it randomly. So.... not sure if it a key problem or not. It has not updated yet (still at 4.0.3) No liquid or anything got on it, it really seems to have something to do with the 7 key. Is there any way for me to fix it or will it need to go Asus? Thanks for the help

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. The TF201 dock is supposed to be compatible with the TF700, so I kept mine when I exchanged the Prime for the Infinity. Every one in awhile though I'll open the device and it will automatically go to the camera app as if I were trying to take a picture, but it only happens sometimes. I think perhaps the TF201 dock may not be as compatible with the TF700 as we'd like it to be.