TF 700 Screen Issue

jastek

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20130904_195530_422.jpgIMG_20130904_195546_789.jpg

In the attached photos, you can see a strange wavy pattern that runs up the sides of the screen. You see them when you look at the screen at an angle (tilted away from you).

Does anyone else have this same issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20130904_195530_422.jpg
    IMG_20130904_195530_422.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 26

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
You don't have a screen protector on there, do you?
Looks like air bubbles between glass and digitizer... If you're still under warranty, get an RMA and send it in.
Take detailed pictures of the tab all around before you send it, and also how you packaged it.
Most RMAs seem to go well, but you can find some horror stories on the forums.....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

jastek

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a screen protector on it.

I completely understand the issues with ASUS service. I am one of the horror stories you can read about. This tablet has been in ASUS' hands more than I have had it. 6 RMAs so far.
They finally replaced the tablet and this one is the replacement.
My experience with ASUS has been so bad, I am trying to decide if I can live with this. You dont see it unless you tilt the tablet away from you. You cant see them if you are using it normally.

Last edited:

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a screen protector on it.

I completely understand the issues with ASUS service. I am one of the horror stories you can read about. This tablet has been in ASUS' hands more than I have had it. 6 RMAs so far.
They finally replaced the tablet and this one is the replacement.
My experience with ASUS has been so bad, I am trying to decide if I can live with this. You dont see it unless you tilt the tablet away from you. You cant see them if you are using it normally.

Jeez! That's one of the worst stories I've heard! After 6 RMAs they send you a dud? Probably a refurb where the screen was not fitted properly?
That's unbelievable! I would not let them get away with it!
Don't know where you are, but if you're in US get in touch with PC World maybe, or another consumer help line of newspaper or magazine.
Pc World has a byline where they help people who get the customer service runaround and believe me, if a magazine or newspaper calls with your story, you probably get a brand new unit pronto!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

jastek

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, as much as I dread going through another RMA (it is painful), I am going to call it in again.

I will tell everyone that ASUS is absolutely the worst tech company when it comes to customer service. As much as I like their stuff, I cannot justify another purchase from them. It is just not worth it.