Weird issue...

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Love this new S24u but it has an annoying yet minor issue. Anytime I do most anything it pops up this irritating banner at the bottom telling me what I did. It stays there like 30 seconds and blocks buttons and generally stops me from continuing what I need to do. See attached photo. Is there a setting to stop this?? It's not just FB. It does it with copy, paste, most everything I try to do.
02871b09fb4c870a2a5513957f2b3dfc.jpg

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Backup from an s22u but that phone didn't have the issue.
That the previous phone didn't have the issue is irrelevant. The current phone that was setup from a backup is having strange bug-like activity. The banner in your image if from Facebook....crapware - period. So I would start there. But I am willing to bet that something wonky came over from the backup and if that's so then the only solution is a factory reset from Scratch! No backups allowed! YMMV

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
That the previous phone didn't have the issue is irrelevant. The current phone that was setup from a backup is having strange bug-like activity. The banner in your image if from Facebook....crapware - period. So I would start there. But I am willing to be that something wonky came over from the backup and if that's so then the only solution is a factory reset from Scratch! No backups allowed! YMMV
Not only from Facebook. That's just the app I was on when I took the screen shot. Does it with all apps. Even any text I copy and paste. Source doesn't matter. And yes facebook app is definitely crapware.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Not only from Facebook. That's just the app I was on when I took the screen shot. Does it with all apps. Even any text I copy and paste. Source doesn't matter. And yes facebook app is definitely crapware.
that is rather annoying, indeed. you may want to start by going into each app with this behavior - storage - clear cache - clear data and see if this resolves the issue. if so, then do the same for other apps. hopefully, there are too many of them.