Evil Dog Ruins new Asus Prime......

Bastage20

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
....charging cable. My Dog last night decided to chew my power cable into three pieces rendering it unusable in its current state. I am ordering a new Charger as soon as the Asus Estore comes back up but was wondering if I would be able to splice the cable back together in a much shorter from of course. Does anybody know of a store I can walk into in California to buy a replacment cable of any kind that would work untill I am able to get a official replacment from Asus? Does the old Transformer charging cable work or is there a universal cable of any kind to get me thru this disaster?

Thank you for any help given
P.S. I love the Prime (ex-Xoom owner) and have had no Issues that I have been reading about on the forums.

BoxArtGuy

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
We'll I have had a dog chew my extension cable which what i did was splice it and remove the torn parts and sort of repair it and it has worked for some time but that was just and electrical extension cord and an ethernet cable, which were probably easier than a proprietary cable. But of course if you don't know what your doing it could either smoke up or spark etc.. shock.. you can read guides online at your own discretion. you could take it to a computer shop and ask someone to rewire it.. better yet just call a few places. even electricians. But don't do it yourself if don't have any experience. anything electrical is like playing with fire.

Bastage20

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Ya thats good advice I found out that the cable from the first transformer was the same thing so I picked one up at a local store and I can finally charge it up again.

Thank you for the help