Many are saying the Zenfone 2 has frequent call drops is it true and is Zenfone 2 worth buying?

A

AC Question

many are saying the zenfone 2 has frequent call drops is it true and is zenfone 2 worth buying

does zenfone 2 drops call frequently after 5 minutes

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: many are saying the zenfone 2 has frequent call drops is it true and is zenfone 2 worth buying

Welcome to Android Central.

You may get an answer to that right here in this forum, but I recommend joining as a member so that you can post in the Asus Zenfone 2 forum. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: many are saying the zenfone 2 has frequent call drops is it true and is zenfone 2 worth buying

I have been using it for 2 days now and no dropped calls on both T-Mobile and AT&T in the NYC area.

Posted via the zenfone 2

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I've been using a zf2 for about 6 weeks. No drops here either. Call quality seems fine.

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I haven't had one dropped call in the time I have had it which is around a month and a half

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

No problems in the two days I've had it, although there was a bit of static on one call. Could've been anything.

Posted via my Asus ZenFone 2 via the Android Central App

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I've been using it as a work phone 2 to 3 hours of calls a day, no dropped calls here

Ajay Bhekne

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes..Zenfone 2 do have call drop issue. There are many more issue with phone like very poor battery life, worst call quality and gets hanged very often. I recommend you not to buy my dear friend. I got worst experienced with it

TOTtomdora

May 5, 2014
Visit site

From my quick test call (I don't call often) I can say the call quality was quite fine.

kkhandelwal

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, zenfone 2 has serious call drop issue. Call drops in 4-5 minutes. I got replaced my unit after reporting call drop issue, however since the replaced one was also having same issue hence finally requested the refund and got it.

As I observed, call drop happens when network switches between 4g/3g to 2g hence everybody will not experience it, especially those living in strong 3g/4g signal area wont experience it as there is no network switching. However wherever 3g/4g signals are not strong enough the phone try to switch to 2g and call drops. This is my observation and lot many pupil had same experience from India. Just go to Asus forum, there are lot of pupil complaining of call drop/network problem and there is no permanent satisfactory solution available so far. Asus has not admitted it and buyers are suffering. Many have returned there devices and got refund and replaced. I think asus is not bothered about their brand value. I would not recommend to buy the device unless the issue is resolved, which is a basic expectation from a phone.

Uday bhat

May 24, 2015
Visit site
You are absolutely correct. Even I do have call drop issues. I could not able to make single call of not more than 2 mins. This looks to be issue with mobiles available only in India. I had purchased it through flipkart and sent an request for replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87