LTE is not working on t mobil

Gerd Blasius

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I just got my new zenfone 2. there is a lot of stuff not really working as I expected it. I used to have a Nexus 5 until I dropped it.
Now LTE not working at my house makes me a little unhappy. However I get 4G service in town. At my house it says E in the icon.
Anybody knows a cure.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the radio can't hang onto LTE at your house like your previous phones. You may be able to snag a booster from them if you wanted.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
idea if it will help you, but it helped me recently, but try this: Settings/More/Cellular Networks/Toggle on Data Roaming (I think the default is off) It shouldn't help if you are getting Edge, but it may.

Also, do you have a case on the phone? It may be in my head, but I seem to think I get better coverage in some spots with my case off.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Almeuit. The device is picking up and holding LTE differently than your previous device. This type of thing often happens since devices are made differently. Such small things as placement/design of the antennas could impact connectivity to cellular/data services from one device to another.

Also take a look at the APN settings for T-Mobile. Here is a faq for the Nexus 6: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-17581

The information should be the same for the ZF2.

barkway

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Got mine today too and I'm also TMo. Can't even detect my SIM card but I suspect that has to do with the system update the unit performed as soon as I turned it on (after all the initial setup). Going to call ASUS tomorrow. Oh and just a new user whine: really not pleased with how difficult it is to remove the back cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress