Just received my Zenpad today, questions and advice please

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all,

My Zenpad 8.0 S arrived today. It was sealed in plastic so it had not been touched. Brand New is what I'm saying. So out of the box it wouldn't take the updates. The green Android man had a Red triangle with a ! Inside it. I called Asus tech support after I exhausted my attempts of different methods. So it hit me to try a factory reset in recover mode while I had it connected to my laptop. First attempt solved the problem. It's unbelievable to me that the Asus techs did not inform me to try this. Anyways I fixed it. What I'm running into now is it doesn't seem to be charging I don't think. It shows the lightning bolt so I know it's connected. I actually just set it down on another charger and am going to give a while to charge without me on it while charging. Maybe me being heavily on it prevented the charge from moving much. Has anyone had either of my two issues with their device? I love the device by the way. It's ten times better than my Samsung Tab A 8 inch. I did call Amazon and they are sending me a new one out so I can send this one back just in case. Do you guys think I have a unit with some software interface problems? I know this can't be typical but I wanted to check and see anyone else had either of these two issues?

Thanks a bunch

DC

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry to hear about the problem you had with the initial update. I am not sure if something is wrong or not with the build. We did just go up to Marshmallow on it but that is a manual update. The charging of this tablet is very slow if you using it at the same time. Sometimes when I am watching videos on it and charging it, the charging cannot keep up very well. But I love this tablet.

I would try the new one from amazon and if it starts up correctly, send back the first one before you get too deep into updating and loading it up.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I am sorry to hear about the problem you had with the initial update. I am not sure if something is wrong or not with the build. We did just go up to Marshmallow on it but that is a manual update. The charging of this tablet is very slow if you using it at the same time. Sometimes when I am watching videos on it and charging it, the charging cannot keep up very well. But I love this tablet.

I would try the new one from amazon and if it starts up correctly, send back the first one before you get too deep into updating and loading it up.
Thanks for your response and help. I really appreciate it. I was finally able to get my initial device to accept the update only after I connected the device to my laptop. Then I was able to get my update, factory reset and reboot from recovery mode. So my second came in today. Same thing!! This time I didn't go recovery mode rather just connected to my pc and problem solved. Still I find that odd that the laptop worked as some aid to enable proper function such as a typical update or a factory reset. Since then, I've not had to connect to a pc for any reboot or factory reset. Asus techs didn't even suggest I try this when I point blank ask them should I hook it up to my laptop by USB and try it. They told me no twice. Goes to show either determination on my part or either they don't know anymore than any of us who has some advanced knowledge of IT