Bluetooth Issues

Jessica Collins2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I just bought the ZW2 and it is updated to marshmallow. My phone is an S4 running 5.0.1.

The watch will pair with my phone through andriod wear and zenwatch manager but will not bluetooth connect.

Under my bluetooth settings in the phone the watch information is greyed out and not blue like it's active. Under the watch it will scan for nearby devices but won't find the phone.

I have tried everything from turning on and off the Bluetooth to resetting the watch completely. Any help is greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You said it will pair through Android Wear and ZenWatch Manager--does it sync appropriately with the phone then, even though you can't access the Bluetooth settings?

Jessica Collins2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes I can change settings on the watch through the phone apps. And I can also use the watch to answer and end calls on my phone. So they do sync with each other but for some reason the Bluetooth settings are not accessible. Also away from wifi I cannot use the function where you speak into the watch it just keeps trying and retrying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't explain why the Bluetooth settings are greyed out, but there isn't much you can do there anyway. For my Huawei watch, all I can do there is change the name of the watch (as it's listed in the Bluetooth menu) and uncheck Contact Sharing.

For your other question--so if you're not connected to wi-fi, the watch won't respond to voice commands?

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
As B. Diddy mentions above, I wouldn't worry about accessing the Bluetooth settings... You take can't do much if anything there. Here is the Bluetooth system settings from my Nexus 5x and ZenWatch 2:

88b4f8d3b087a21a48b447d7536056dd.jpg

For your other question about the voice actions not working outside of WiFi, I'd double check if your phone can easily (quickly) get to the Internet during these situations. In other words, when your oyster if WiFi and the watch won't accept voice commands, try to visit a web site you haven't been to before or anything else that requires the Internet. Maybe the issue is that the phone is having trouble getting to the Internet?

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can change settings on the watch through the phone apps. And I can also use the watch to answer and end calls on my phone. So they do sync with each other but for some reason the Bluetooth settings are not accessible.
As others have written: I wouldn't worry about it. You can't do much of anything interesting from the system BT settings, anyway. Everything is supposed to be handled via the Android Wear app/interface.

Maybe your phone is smart enough to know that and greys-out the BT settings for that device?

Also away from wifi I cannot use the function where you speak into the watch it just keeps trying and retrying.
It's unclear as to what you mean by that.

Are you saying that when your watch and phone are not connected to a WiFi network, but they are connected to each other via Bluetooth, that Google Now isn't working? If so: I assume you've ascertained whether or not you have mobile network data connectivity via your mobile provider, yes? E.g.: You can browse the web, receive email, etc., from the phone, at the time you're experiencing GN not working?

Jim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana