Flash light gesture

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem with their gesture feature where u shake your phone side to side to turn on the flashlight and not turn on?
If I go and turn on the gesture and asks me to try it out, then the flashlight turns on.
When I turn on the gesture and shake the phone it doesn't turn on.
Now when I turn on the flashlight and shake it, it will turn it off but not turn it on.
Any help would be great

Jake52

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem with their gesture feature where u shake your phone side to side to turn on the flashlight and not turn on?
If I go and turn on the gesture and asks me to try it out, then the flashlight turns on.
When I turn on the gesture and shake the phone it doesn't turn on.
Now when I turn on the flashlight and shake it, it will turn it off but not turn it on.
Any help would be great
From what I understand, the shake gesture to turn on the flashlight only works on the lock screen. So lock your phone, press the lock button to open the lock screen, then shake, the flashlight should turn on. You can shake again to turn it off or press the button on the on screen flashlight to turn it off.

It's not ideal but at least it's pretty reliable when on the lock screen. My previous Moto G device was able to use this gesture anywhere. Hopefully it'll get updated on the Axon to work this way.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Yea kind of weird that it only works when the phone is locked. Kind of doesn't make sense.
If u need the flash light and u want to use the light, u would have to turn lock your phone in order for the gesture to work.

Jake52

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Yea kind of weird that it only works when the phone is locked. Kind of doesn't make sense.
If u need the flash light and u want to use the light, u would have to turn lock your phone in order for the gesture to work.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. If you are using your phone and you want the flashlight, you could always have it as one of the quick actions when you pull down the notification shade.

A better fix would be to have the gesture be recognized all the time, regardless of what the phone is doing (like how Motorola has it implemented). Hopefully it can be added in a software update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress