i need help! an unrooted nook color wont work right! please help

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
i rooted my nc to honeycomb but i didnt like it, i had a couple of problems unrooting it but finally did it with the blue dot version or however it's called. so my nook looks like the first time i got it but it wont connect to my pc, or i can't download books ; it would just show the loading bar and then it would go back to DOWNLOAD under the book. also when i tried to download an app i already had bought before it says THIS ITEM IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD TO THE PRODUCT YOUR USING or it tells me the same thing when i wanna download a new one.
i don't know whats wrong with my nook color or how to fix it. please help mee

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Yours is doing what mine did....still trying to figure it out. Check the thread on rooting for 1.2 and 1.3. Someone posted a link to restoring to 1.2. I'm going to try it Sunday

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: i need help! an unrooted nook color wont work right! please

Mine doing that also after unrooting from rooted 1.1 then updating to 1.3. I erased and deregistered then went through the registration process again. Right after registering I was able to download my previously purchased books. I downloaded most of them. Then I went into the nook store and bought a couple books which downloaded fine. Now it again appears to download then goes back to the book cover with the word download across it.

I discovered before that it actually does download the book each time (I had 8 copies of one book) and adds a number to the end of the file name. I have an sd card with cm7 and can search the nook on-board memory to see them with root explorer. I also discovered that if you find the book that won't download properly (really the nook just doesn't realize that it is downloaded) in the store then download it that way and hit "read" before leaving the store, it will open the book in the reader. Then, as long as you don't open any other book, you can go back to it by tapping the little book icon in the bottom left of the screen. Ultimately erase And deregister works better, you just have to be sure to download all your old books before you do anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non