Why is the Android Market not showing up?

mikeymae009

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my Nook Color yesterday and while I had it working and the downloads and all are complete, I do not have any application. I do not see the Market icon. I rooted my nook color 1.3 using cm7 by the way. Do I need to re root it? If I do, do I need to reformat my SD card and start from the beginning or is there a way to get this market icon visible and working? I tried signing in my gmail account and it ask to accept the agreement and ask if i wanted to download the market app but when i clicked download it will say website unavailable...i have the wifi connected but i get the same error everytime i try to download the market app. Please help me...i am so lost and have been searching the net for days now and still no answers.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you download gapps? How exactly are you rooted? Running off an SD card?

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

mikeymae009

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did, I rooted using a micro SD and then took it off. I rooted the cm7 based on the instruction found in this youtube video

I did everything but my firmware is 1.3 I guess that might be the issue? I tried to download the market app thru the android website but everytime I do it it will say unable to connect but I have my wifi connection on. So do I need to reinstall it with my SD card? If I do, do I unroot it first and root it all over again or will it root directly if I put the SD card again?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you flash gapps?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I did everything but my firmware is 1.3 I guess that might be the issue?

Once you switch to CM7 you no longer have 1.3 so that is not an issue. Once again, did you flash the gaaps .zip?

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess some people don't listen. The g/apps for Gingerbread do no work in the same fashion that they did for 2.2/2.1/1.6 or 1.5. To get the apps with market working properly. you need to flash Cyanogen(mod), then flash the g/apps. When the little android comes up for you to set up the Nook you just skip everything. Once the main screen is up and running tap on the menu button then go to accounts and sync. Then enter your information. go to the market. It will ask you do download your specif apps you want. Download them and you are good to go.

mikeymae009

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I do not know what it means to flash...sorry for responding late. So how do you flash it? Doesnt that come with the instructions on the you tube I followed? Sorry I am not too familiar with the hacking android lingos. Do I need to put the microSD card again and flash it? Please help thank u so much!!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I do not know what it means to flash...sorry for responding late. So how do you flash it? Doesnt that come with the instructions on the you tube I followed? Sorry I am not too familiar with the hacking android lingos. Do I need to put the microSD card again and flash it? Please help thank u so much!!

Put the gapps zip file on your SD card then boot into recovery and use the flash zip option.

mikeymae009

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I have the gapps in my micro sd card or do I need to copy that again? so i reboot it and no flash option it did say install zip from sdcard

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I think I have the gapps in my micro sd card or do I need to copy that again? so i reboot it and no flash option it did say install zip from sdcard

If you already have them thats fine. Flash, install tomato, potato. That's the correct option.

mikeymae009

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you already have them thats fine. Flash, install tomato, potato. That's the correct option.

Well, after 3 hours of searching the net I finally installed it...and guess what there was no tomato potato...I guess you didnt understand my question...oh well thanks for trying. Next time though it is better not to say anything or at least admit you don't know how to help than make yourself look like a fool with your answer! :mad:

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, after 3 hours of searching the net I finally installed it...and guess what there was no tomato potato...I guess you didnt understand my question...oh well thanks for trying. Next time though it is better not to say anything or at least admit you don't know how to help than make yourself look like a fool with your answer! :mad:

Dude seriously? Its been awhile since I've used recovery. Chill. Im not getting paid to help you guys out. So I used a different word than what is written flash and install are basically =. You obviously didn't understand my answer.

Reactions: gsutton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non