Reinstall Youtube

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You "tried" to put it in the system/app folder? Were you successful?

"and install it." Again, you don't install it. You just put it in the system/app folder and set the permissions to the same as other .apk file in that folder.

What app are you using to move the file? You have to use something that has root access in order to change the permissions. I use Root Explorer.

The attached screen shots are using Root Explorer. They're also from my Droid phone but the Nook looks/works the same.

Once you have the youtube.apk in system/apps folder, click on the gray Mount button. Once clicked it will say Mount R/O like it does in the screen shot. Then press and hold on youtube.apk, select Permissions, then set them to match the attached screen shot and hit OK.

You'll probably have to reboot before youtube will work, but you should be good to go.

This post did it for me. Thanks dude.

tvking63

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i did this and now youtube works perfectly on my root stock

This post did it for me. Thanks dude.

Good. Nice to get some feedback that my instructions are intelligible, :p and that it works.

Astro won't let me move the apk. Is there another free program that will allow me to get the apk to the system/apps directory and mount it?

I haven't used any of these but I saw these options over at XDA Developers.

super manager and android mate

EStrongs File Explorer

tvking63

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has success with Super Manager, Android Mate or EStrongs File Explorer, post up so we know there is a working free option to Root Explorer.

aycayc

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
i also uninstalled youtube on my htc desire in an attempt to free up space. i thought it was just an update i was uninstalling but it seemed i uninstalled the entire youtube app. now, need to reinstall it. you posted to go to nookcolormods.com, but when i go to this website, i am taken to the forums.androidcenter.com site (this website) so i can't figure out where to download the new youtube version you were talking about. can you help me reinstall youtube? what do i do? thanks.

tvking63

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you realize you're posting a question about an HTC phone in a Nook Color Tablet forum? :confused:

If you had taken the time to read the thread you would have seen that the file is hosted here

And the instruction on what to do with it is posted here

But I have no idea if any of this will work for a HTC Desire.

gerdami

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Was searching on how to reinstall Youtube since I could not find it in the market via the smartphone or via Google Play.
I just realised that I did not really uninstalled Youtube. It was only disabled.
  1. Settings
  2. Apps
  3. All applications
  4. Browse down to Youtube
  5. Enable
Youtube is back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana