[HOW-TO] Overclock Nook to 1100MHz (stock + nookie)

mpers3

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey just got my NC last night for the purpose of turning into a 'droid' tablet. But when I click on your links above to download the files, I get a dropbox 403 error. Thnx.

sharkynolike

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm trying to download the zip for "Installation on Nookie Froyo" (running from internal memory).... Getting a dropbox 401 error, looks like it's getting too much traffic. Is there another method or link that I could download this from? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, trying the link mentioned above instead.

Last edited:

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
i was wondering if anyone could help i installed the 1.1 ghz rom from here but now my nookcolor is in a constant boot loop and and when i try to restore it it says checksum md5 mismatch :( not sure where to go from here

astronut

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Trying to download the file for sd card installation but can't access the link. Help if you please.

Thanks looking forward to trying this tool.

twokatmew

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the link for the nookie froyo internal memory file is a "no go" too. Help please?

Edit: Silly me, my current ROM already has the OC kernel. I just had to install and configure SetCPU!

Last edited:

vdnk064

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Nook color with new update Froyo 2.2

Hi, I have a question and I'm new to every thing.
I just bought the Nook Color, and intend to update to Froyo 2.2 from B&N's upgrade 1.2. Do I have to root it before I'm able to overclock it to 1.1GHz ?? Thanks for helping.

vndk064

mjbelknap

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have a question and I'm new to every thing.
I just bought the Nook Color, and intend to update to Froyo 2.2 from B&N's upgrade 1.2. Do I have to root it before I'm able to overclock it to 1.1GHz ?? Thanks for helping.

vndk064

Yes. Unfortunately at this point in time, there isn't a solid root process out for 1.2 yet. There *is* a root hack out, but they are still working the bugs and getting things ready. My recommendation would be to either roll to 1.2 and enjoy, or go through the process to get 1.1 rooted, and then make sure you kill the OTA update capability.

Reactions: vdnk064

vdnk064

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
THANKS to mjbelknap. I greatly appreciate your input. I spent many hours searching for answer at different websites til now ... :)) . Taking your advise, I would give NC with Froyo a try, hope that the pinch-zoom & the page flip functions are responsive and smooth enough when I read the PDF or MSWord files. These are the very important features to me.
THANKS again.
VDNK064

mjbelknap

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
THANKS to mjbelknap. I greatly appreciate your input. I spent many hours searching for answer at different websites til now ... :)) . Taking your advise, I would give NC with Froyo a try, hope that the pinch-zoom & the page flip functions are responsive and smooth enough when I read the PDF or MSWord files. These are the very important features to me.
THANKS again.
VDNK064

No problem. I'm sitting here chomping at the bit to get after 1.2! But the stuff I've downloaded and the way I've set-up my rooted 1.1 are keeping me at bay for now... Can't wait for the stable root! :)

xakk

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It's probably a stupid question, but will the Froyo kernal work on my rooted 1.2? I assume so, but wanted to make sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa