Can't start YouTube -- and what's the deal with Titanium Backup (rooted nook color)

israelkamaka

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my NC with autonooter 3.0. The process was simple, and I had a nice rooted nook in no time. Being a noobie, I figured all was well until a couple of days later when tried to view some YouTube videos. I was prompted for my youtube username and password, so I tried to log in and it kept saying that my password/username was invalid. Now I can't seem to go beyond that.

Okay...so then I read the forums where a few people suggested that I remove YouTube with Titanium backup. I bought the pro version, but it doesn't want to go past the overview screen.

<sigh>

Any suggestions?

_ Izzygurl

stevek28

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my NC with autonooter 3.0. The process was simple, and I had a nice rooted nook in no time. Being a noobie, I figured all was well until a couple of days later when tried to view some YouTube videos. I was prompted for my youtube username and password, so I tried to log in and it kept saying that my password/username was invalid. Now I can't seem to go beyond that.

Okay...so then I read the forums where a few people suggested that I remove YouTube with Titanium backup. I bought the pro version, but it doesn't want to go past the overview screen.

<sigh>
er
Any suggestions?

_ Izzygurl

If I can piggyback on this question. I too used Auto-nooter 3.0. Every is working well-except Youtube. When I click on the youtube icon, it runs for one second and then returns to the extras page. Any suggestions?

killerzulu

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I did set up both accounts first (a while ago actually) and I'm having the exact same problem. Youtube opens for a second then goes back to Extras. Reboot didn't resolve. I WAS able to successfully remove Youtube using Nook Color Tools>All Settings>Manage Applications. Now, how do I reinstall it? I incorrectly assumed it would be on the Marketplace but you know what they say about assume.

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Per Posts #13 and #38 in this link:
Color youtube not working anymore - MobileRead Forums

Use "ES File Explorer" to select the YouTube app and "clear data". This resolved the issue for me a while back. I believe I had to agree to the terms again on the first restart of YouTube and I am not sure that the YouTube app is still linked to my YouTube account anymore, but I don't use that feature anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk