CM7, Nook app, Magazines

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I see that the newest update to the Nook for Android app allows reading of magazines for "High Definition Tablets". The NC would of course qualify, but I am assuming that the app itself looks somehow at a fingerprint or something to determine if the device you are on qualifies for magazine reading status. Now thus far, the only thing that has kept me from upgrading to CM7 from autonooter has been that I LIKE reading magazines on my nook. I know that my Samsung Captivate apparently does not qualify as an ok magazine reader.

Has anyone tried the updated app to see if magazines are available on the CM7 "encore" (NC)? I have got to know. If I could switch over to CM7, start using some bluetooth headphones to listen to music while I work/read/etc and have my magazines then it is as good as done.

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds great! Now there important question.....nightly or a stable?

Thanks guys! I guess I will be looking into that this weekend.

merge5

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It did not work on mine until I did the build.prop edit to get Netflix to work. Then worked awesome. Running CM7.1 RC3.1 with updated kernel.

fastoy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CM7 nightly 139 on my Nook Color with 1.1 still on the eMMC. On CM7 I have the NOOK for Android v2.7.1.5.

My wife wants to be able to read People magazine on the Nook Color.

On the BarnesandNoble.com page (People, ePeriodical Series, Time Inc, (2940000983102). NOOK Magazine (eMagazine) - Barnes & Noble) for People magazine it says "Note: This title requires NOOK Color and must have software version 1.3."

Does this mean that I will have to boot back into the native Nook Android and upgrade to 1.3?

Or does NOOK for Android v2.7.1.5 support the format that People magazine uses?

I really don't want to have to flip back and forth between native Nook Android and CM7.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It will only run on a stock Nook Color. It is not supported in the Android reader app. You'll have to upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer