My phone won't stay locked and its draining my battery. How can I get it locked?

A

AC Question

my phone wont stay locked and its draining my battery.

Whenever I try to lock my phone it doesnt stay locked and the screen comes up again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my phone wont stay locked and its draining my battery.

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does it have a case? Some cases with a smartcover can cause the screen to mistakenly lock and then awaken if the cover is folded back behind the phone. If the magnet in the cover isn't well-calibrated, it might hover between turning the screen off and then waking it again.

You could also boot into Safe Mode to see if it's a 3rd party app that is causing the problem. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Terry Cho

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: my phone wont stay locked and its draining my battery.

Its a samsung galaxy s4 mini and I think its a firmware/ hardware problem... how can i fix it if it is a firmware/ hardware problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty