What lithium ion battery will work in a ZTE Z820 Obsidian. Or what battery is compatible?

JoeMule

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
The short answer to your question is: The only battery that will work in your ZTE Z820 Obsidian is a ZTE Z820 battery.

Sorry, but cell phone batteries are not like 'double-A' or 'C-cell' ... there are no standardized sizes, so you need to find a battery that is specifically designed to work in that specific phone ... search on Amazon and eBay for 'ZTE Z820 battery'.

The battery in my son's ZTE Obsidian just died completely, so we're in the same boat ... looking for a new battery. So far the cheapest replacement battery I could find is this rechargeable one on eBay for 16 bucks: Smartphone Battery for ZTE Obsidian Z820 Li3818t43p3h635450 1800 mAh | eBay

There are a couple more listings on eBay for Z820 batteries but they are listed at higher prices than that first item. The only battery I found on Amazon is the same as that rechargeable one on eBay, but for a couple dollars more.

Andie708

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
@JoeMule: It's been three months since your post. Which battery did you end up buying? Has it worked well? Does the phone's charging circuit properly handle a battery that isn't 1650 mAh like the original battery? Is there a way to be fairly certain the "new" battery isn't really a counterfeit, used battery?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Andie

Andie708

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The original battery in my ZTE Obsidian Z820 is rated 1650 mAh, but when I google for Obsidian specs I find that the battery is 1800 mAh. I presume this means ZTE changed from 1650 to 1800 (probably after reviews that complained the phone's runtime was too short). The question for owners of older Obsidians that came with a 1650 mAh battery is whether they can replace its 1650 mAh battery with an 1800 mAh battery. Would ZTE have needed to tweak anything in the Obsidian's software or hardware to get an 1800 mAh battery to operate properly?